Friday, May 2, 2008

An end of the week beginning

I've never really thought I had enough to write about that other people might be interested in reading. I've written quite a bit in my time, but I've only shared bits and pieces. But even when I wrote in a journal or in an odd file on my computer, I realize that the audience of the writing is not me. It's whomever happens to read it. I seem to write as though I expect someone to dust off an old journal decades down the road and read something that evokes something important in their thoughts. I think most people probably feel like they have something important to say, and most people would feel happy to know that someone is listening. And I think the internet is a pretty big example of that. We all have a voice here, and lots of potential listeners.

So I guess I'm hoping that I do have enough to say that people might find it interesting and maybe even helpful. Hopefully if you're reading this there's already a substantive post up about something that you can read. This is just a greeting. So hello, and welcome to my blog.

No comments: